Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Feminist Friday: The Lawyer Was a Sneetch.

 "You all have got to stop calling each other sluts and whores.
 It just makes it okay for guys to call you sluts and whores."
-Tina Fey in Mean Girls


For four days, I was on a jury thanks to the USA Judicial System. I tried so hard to imagine the female defense attorney as Alicia from The Good Wife but she was a Sneetch and not like Alicia at all. The way her nose was upturned when she was questioning made me imagine her as one of Dr, Seuss' yellow creatures.

This made me decide the term "sneetch" is going to be my way of saying "bitch" without having to continue the abuse that word creates. A sneetch can also refer to a male, and the term bitch normally does not. Sneetch is now my new way of describing the bitchiness that comes from a person being snotty and judgmental like the damn lawyer. 

Too bad she won...

No comments:

Post a Comment