Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Poetry Time

After my sad day post about my lack of confidence, I remembered that I once did have the confidence to post a poem I wrote. So here's a throwback to my old blog: Tangled in my Mind and my post on February 3rd, 2012:

Outside

In one moment our friendship was lost
Like the dog on the sign taped to that streetlight
My boyfriend is drunkenly petting a stray cat on the lawn
Your boyfriend is next to me saying you didn’t mean it
You snarled and snapped and stomped back into the house
the house where everyone else drinks and laughs
The house where I should be instead on this concrete curb,
My hands cupping my face
and your boyfriend, not mine
Attempting to bring me inside
Your boyfriend laughs when I tell him there’s nothing left to fix

No comments:

Post a Comment