Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Trash Talk Tuesday: Season one of Pretty Little Liars

"Got a secret. Can you keep it?
Swear this one you'll save
Better lock it, in your pocket
Taking this one to the grave
If I show you then they know it
Won't tell what I said
Cause two can keep a secret
If one of them is dead…"
- "Secret" by The Pierces

Spoiler alert if you haven't seen the show.
 
Some of have judged me for even bothering to watch Pretty Little Liars but since I have nothing to do (besides study for the GRE), I have been rewatching the show. After finishing the first season, I was left wondering: Why did I ever start this show in the first place? 

But I did. And I love it. But I think it is incredibly stupid. Especially when rewatching it, and having the knowledge from the later seasons. I'll keep my judgements short, since I do love the show. I've picked two things that made the first season hard to re-see. 

#1 Ali's brother Jason. I understand that the writers have no way of preventing actors from leaving the show, but Jason has a totally different personality, tone, demeanor, and everything in the first season. He comes off like an Ivy league rich boy creep. In the second season he suddenly looks like a Hanson brother. 

#2 How the hell did "A" who is supposed to be Mona, (and from my knowledge, only Mona) in the first season push Ian off that ledge? He looks at her, sees who it is, is scared, and then she able to push him off a ledge? He is a big dude, and she is tiny girl. Not believable. The hooded figure didn't even look as short as Mona. I'm hoping when they find out its Mona the liars question this and give me an answer. 

So, I'm looking forward to the new season and I've already started rewatching the second but I'm majorly judging. Feel free to judge me right back in the comments, I would love some explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment