Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

No Trash to Talk Tuesday: Jay Gatsby says 'old sport' at least 40 times. I counted.


I saw The Great Gatsby on Monday, and the music was the best part. The music made that movie. I don't even like Lana Del Rey but I love "Young and Beautiful" and I loved all the music. I've always loved Jay-Z but now I love him even more. I understand people finding the music random, but the music really did capture the craziness of the party, and it showed the timelessness of the story.

Jay Gatsby in the movie, is more likeable to me than he ever was in the book. In the book, he seemed emotionless and more obsessed with the idea of winning Daisy than actually in love with her. I never trusted his love of her in the book. But Leo's face in the movie proved his love of her. I'm a little smitten with Leonardo DiCaprio though... I might be biased.

Apparently, some think whether you like Daisy in the movie makes or breaks whether you like the movie at all. I don't agree. I didn't love or hate Daisy. Carey Mulligan did a very faithful job to who Daisy is in the books. A beautiful, little fool.

Overall, I would give The Great Gatsby a 4. Judge me all you want for that score, but Jay-Z deserves an Oscar.

No comments:

Post a Comment