Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Murder Monday: Dear A, Just Kill the Pretty Little Liars Already




Don’t get me wrong, I indulge in all the Pretty Little Liars ridiculousness. I will probably continue to until they either kill off my favorite characters, or finally end the show but I’m getting tired of A. 

This is because I do not understand A’s motivation. When A was Mona, I understood that Mona felt hurt by the Liars and wanted revenge/bitch is crazy. But honestly, the effort she went to was insane to me. So much so that in real life, that girl would never get out of Radley. This new A is even crazier. Red Coat A is off the charts in trying to hurt and torture these girls. So I do not get it. What the hell makes this okay? And why haven’t you just murdered them? They’ve been tortured enough; it’s time to end it. 

The only theory of who A is that makes sense to me is that A is Ali’s evil and/or crazy twin sister. I think this girl broke out of Radley to kill her sister. I think that the twin is probably justified because her sister seems like a genuine bitch, “My name is Ali and I don’t breathe until Mommy gives me what I want.” Then maybe evil twin decides to torture the Liars because she is jealous that her sister had friends when she couldn’t?
This isn’t enough motivation for me. None of the theories I have heard are. I’ve heard theories that say Melissa is A. But wouldn’t she ONLY torture Spencer? What did the other girls do to her? Nothing except be friends with Spencer. 

I understand that overall the motivation is that A is crazy. I got that from Mona’s storyline. She’s crazy so she wants to torture these girls. But “crazy” isn’t a motivation. It’s their motivation that makes them crazy, not the other way around. For example, every villain in Batman is mentally ill because they have something in their mind telling them that what they are doing is correct and justified. So far, it seems that A’s only motivation is that he/she is in fact insane and full of hate. There hasn’t been enough to prove why. 

I want the show to end. Or change gears. Can we know who A is, even if the Liars don’t? Or can we know who killed Ali but not know who A is? I guess I want answers rather than more questions, and all I’ve been given in this show is answers that lead to more questions and more complications. 

So A, please stop torturing these girls and just murder them already. You’ve been dragging it out for way too long. 

Previous entries on PLL:

No comments:

Post a Comment