Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday Funday: Let's Talk About Everything BUT Breaking Bad For a Moment



As I anxiously await the finale of Breaking Bad and the premiere of The Good Wife I decided to write a quick rundown of the shows that have already aired this past week. I don’t know if it was distraction from my own life (someone want to give me a job where I get paid to watch TV?) or my frustration at the ending of Dexter but I felt uninspired to write anything that was worth its own post. 

Spoilers for everything! 

Sunday, September 22nd marked the end of Dexter. That hurricane of an episode earned a post. Read it here. Or scroll down, whatever floats your boat... Breaking Bad also aired, but I’m saving all my feelings about it for a final post after the finale. 

Monday, Sept. 23rd 

Monday featured the return of How I Met Your Mother which I loved until the end. Robin and Barney’s fear of being related was hilariously awkward. Lily and The Mother bonded over cookies. Marshall did everything he could to be with Lily, including spending time with Tracey Jordan’s yelling wife. Then there was Ted. Ted annoys me. To the writers I say, WE GET IT. Ted and The Mother are happy together eventually. Why do we need to see them canoodling in the future next to sad, lonely Ted in the present? Blah. Besides my annoyance at Ted, I loved the episode and I’m looking forward to seeing how The Mother is going to interact with the other characters. 

Tuesday, Sept. 24th


Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D! Maybe it is because Whedon can do no wrong in my book, or that I purposely read almost nothing in order to not be over-hyped, but I loved the pilot episode. I thought it was the right amount of humor, and though I didn’t expect it to get as dark as it did, I thought it was a good introduction to the possibilities of what this show can bring us. I just really hope that it connects with whatever is happening in the Marvel movies that come out. If they don’t relate, I’ll be disappointed. 

Wednesday, Sept 25th


Modern Family made its way back to us after an Emmy win, and honestly I was a bit disappointed. I loved Cam and Mitchell’s proposal but the next episode wasn’t as funny. I think elements of the show I love have been lost due to the character’s aging. And then some things are still there that should have been lost with age. 

It’s Always Sunny isn’t a show I plan on normally writing about, but I just have to ask: how is Frank in that coil and why? WHY?

Thursday, Sept 26th

Let’s start with Grey’s Anatomy, which gave me so many tears and feelings. I felt anger at why of all of the interns it had to be HER, happiness at the adorableness that is Bailey Shepherd, so many tears over Arizona missing her daughter, and just pure sadness for Cristina and Owen. Grey’s is a show I tend to love no matter how silly it can get, but this season is starting strong. It being Sandra Oh’s last season also has me certain that it will be full of the amazing Cristina moments I love. 

Parenthood began on Thursday as well. I hated Crosby’s hating on his baby though I knew it was temporary. Jasmine frustrated me greatly because she’s known Crosby’s family for a long while now. She should know that they won’t stay for just an hour. I’m excited for Amber and Ryan, though I’m imagining a lot of drama happening before the happy wedding. I LOVE that Christina decided to run for mayor. My guess is that she will not win though… is that really pessimistic? 

My last but not least Thursday show is Parks and Rec. This premiere had me cracking up more than anything else I watched this week. Andy was on point, and I am going to miss him while he is lost in London. Jerry was just creepy though, he can officially retire now. I hope that Leslie gets the recognition she deserves as soon as possible this season. She does more for that town than I do for anyone. 

And finally, Friday Sept. 27th


Friday came with The Legend of Korra. This episode aired and confirmed all my suspicions. Korra’s dad was set up to be banished, and her uncle is a lying creep that reminds me of a less sexy Loki. Right? No? Okay… Can we talk about how much of an awesome person Asami is? She helps Korra and Mako at the drop of a hat despite the fact that they were kind of terrible to her. I hope she finds a better person to love, and I hope that Korra stops dating Mako. Tenzin and his daughter hiding in a cave made me incredibly happy. All I want in life is a baby Sky Bison.

Well, that’s it until I determine my feelings about Breaking Bad and write something about FeLiNa. Until then, leave your thoughts on any of the TV shows I mention above in the comment sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment